One of the things I get the most messages about on Instagram is my closet. A couple of years ago I made my humans buy me a "real" closet because my storage bins were always overflowing. Since we live in NYC and don't have a ton of storage space, they weren't willing to give up one of the actual closets in our apartment, so they ended up getting the KVIKNE Wardrobe for me.
One of the reasons we choose this particular wardrobe was that it had sliding doors (and therefore didn't need as much space). In our old apartment, my closet was in a corner of our living room but since we moved to Brooklyn, I've taken over the 2nd bedroom. Normally my humans are not big fans of IKEA furniture, but my closet held up pretty well during the move, so I can't complain!
The wardrobe has 2 main sections but since the doors slide, you can only really see into one at a time. It comes with 2 rods for hanging and 2 adjustable shelves. We originally had 1 rod on each side and both of the shelves on the right side but then we wanted more space to hang my clothes, so we added 3 additional tension rods. You can see in the photo below that the tension rods we added aren't as thick as the rods that come with the wardrobe. They definitely don't feel as sturdy, but they work for hanging around 15 items each, and they allow for more hanging space!
The pink velvet hangers are children's hangers we bought on Amazon - we have these velvet hangers for my dresses and tops with wider sleeves and these velvet hangers with clips for other items that are too small to fit around the other hangers. The hangers are nice and thin (so you can fit more clothes in your closet, obvi) and the pink velvet is definitely nicer than cheap plastic hangers.
I hang all of my shirts, dresses, and overalls on the left side of my closet. Organizing everything by color makes it easy to find things when I'm trying to decide what to wear (plus it just looks prettier too)! Most of my clothing is black / gray / white / red / pink / blue so that makes it easy to keep things organized.
On the right side of the closet, I hang my outerwear as well as some lightweight hoodies, cardigans, and sweaters. Below that I have these collapsible bins that store my heavier sweaters as well as pajamas, bathrobes, costumes, and seasonal attire. At the bottom I store a few of my carriers as well as some of my collars and other accessories.
I also get a lot of questions about where we get my clothes - the brands of what I'm wearing are usually tagged in my Instagram posts but I definitely have some favorites!
- Rororiri - this is the brand I wear most often! Their collections are always so chic and extremely well made, plus my human prefers clothing that has a leash hole at the back since I wear a harness when I'm out and about. A few of my favorite rororiri items at the moment include the Cardigan Mochi (as seen on me here, plus it's named after me!), Sweater Jamie (as seen on me here, it's super soft!), and Tee Lucky Star (as seen on me here)
- Huts and Bay - is a Korean brand (ships worldwide) that always has trendy clothing and accessories. A few of my HB faves include these Pin Stripe Overalls (as seen on me here) and this Pink Sprinkle Top (sold out, but the onesie version is still available).
- Max Bone - has the coziest sweaters and hoodies! I love their Roll Neck Knit Jumpers (as seen on me here and here) and the Paxton Hoodie (similar seen on me here).
- Le Chien Bleu NY - is a NYC-based brand that always has great patterns + fabrics. I wear my Brooklyn Shirt all the time (as seen here) and the Marseille Shirt is perfect for vacation (as seen on me here).
- Barker - is another Korean brand that has well-made, on-trend clothing like the Denim Jacket that I wear regularly (as seen here) and this Lambswool Sweater (as seen on me here).
A few other things I get asked about all the time - this denim vest is by United Pups, this faux leather vest is by Eye of Dog, this bathrobe is by Doggie Design, and most of my pajamas are from Fabdog.
A few more FAQs:
How do you wash / clean your clothing? Most of the time my human hand washes my clothing but some items get dry cleaned. What can I say... I'm a high maintenance pup!
Do you really wear all of your clothing? I am very fortunate to be gifted a lot of clothing, but I only recommend items that I truly wear and love. My human goes through my closet a few times a year to get rid of clothing I don't wear and we either give it to friends or donate it.
Do you have a bigger closet than your humans? Unfortunately no - but mine is better organized!